An webinar will be available July 31 on a new partnership between text4baby and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services that aims to link moms to health insurance resources for their children. The introduction to “Connecting Kids to Coverage” will be held twice, once at noon and again at 6:30 pm.
The webinar is designed for CHIPRA grantees/project officers, text4baby partners, and HRSA friends and allies around the country to learn more about this partnership.
- Tuesday, July 31 from 12:00 – 1:00 pm EDT. Register here: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/744776369.
- Tuesday, July 31 from 6:30 – 7:30 pm EDT. Register here: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/322269464.
Participants will hear from the Oklahoma Health Care Authority and Michigan Primary Care Association about how they successfully integrated text4baby and Medicaid/CHIP enrollment. Participants will also have an opportunity to engage in a discussion and ask questions.
The Florida Breastfeeding Coalition announced this week a new Hospital Initiative Project, aimed at helping hospitals take “Baby Steps to Baby Friendly Hospital.”
The statewide Coalition created a “Florida Quest For Quality Maternity Care Award” based on the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding and Baby Friendly USA 4-D Pathway. The Coalition supports the Ten Steps of the Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (created by the World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF), and encourages Florida hospitals to implement as many of the steps as possible.
The project includes a webinar series targeted at hospital administrators, maternity/baby nurse managers, women’s service managers, quality improvement managers and anyone else interested in implemented the steps to Baby Friendly Hospital status.
The webinars cover the following: Learn How to Improve mPINC Scores, Comply with The Joint Commission’s Maternity Care and Infant Feeding Core Measures and Take Steps to Becoming a Baby Friendly Hospital.
- April 3, Tuesday, 2-3 PM – From Bottles to Breast Milk to Baby-Friendly: The Boston Medical Center Experience – Speaker Bobbi Philipp, MD
- May 8, Tuesday, 1-2 PM – Quality Improvement in Maternity and Infant Care: The Ten Steps, mPINC, and The Joint Commission Core Measures—SpeakerJoan Meek, MD
- June 12, Tuesday, 1-2 PM – Implementation and Baby Steps to becoming Baby-Friendly Hospital—Speaker-Heidi Agostinho, PhD., IBCLC
- July 10, Tuesday, 1-2 PM – Resources to Help Your Hospital through the Process and Steps to becoming a Baby-Friendly Hospital—Speaker TBA
Limited space is available. Hospitals with multiple staff interested are advised to have one person register and plan to view together.
To request a GoToWebinar INVITATION to REGISTER for the webinars, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.