It’ll be the same fun game of doctors and nurses, back to school health fair and awareness for infant mortality — just a different day. Rounds at the Grounds 2012 has been rescheduled for August 19 at 4 pm. We hope to see you there!
Visit our Rounds at the Grounds site to find out more about the game, the participants, to register to play, buy tickets and more!
- When: August 16, 2012
- Location: Early Learning Coalition, 8301 Cypress Plaza Dr., Suite 201, Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Time: 9 am
The Office on Women’s Health (OWH) is hosting a free webinar on “Why is obesity different in women across the lifespan and how does that impact prevention and treatment?” The 90-minute webinar will be August 9 at 2pm.
The webinar will address prevention and treatment and differences in different age categories: pre-teen, 18-55, 55 and older. Questions will be taken at the conclusion of the webinar.
Speakers include: Christine Ferguson, J.D., Professor, School of Public Health and Health Services, George Washington University; Carrie Dooyema M.S.N., M.P.H., R.N.
Behavioral Scientist, Obesity Prevention and Control Branch, CDC Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity.
No pre-registration is required. Visit https://services.choruscall.com/links/owhquarterly.html to sign in before the webinar begins and to view archived versions of this and previous broadcasts. Webinars are available for viewing within 48 hours of the live broadcast.
The webinar is part of a series sponsored by OWH as a way to keep all State/Territorial Liaisons and OWH partners updated on important women’s health issues. The next webinar is:
- Thursday, September 20th, 2012
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. ET
- Topic: Prevention of Violence Against Women
Start the new year off healthy! Families can enroll in affordable health insurance and get important health screenings and information at the Florida KidCare Enrollment Bash on Saturdy, August 11.
The bash will be in the McDonalds parking lot at 5801 Beach Blvd. in Jacksonville. There will be a back pack & school supply giveaway to the first 50 kids that apply for Florida Kidcare. There will also be refreshments, music, games, face painting, door prizes and gas card raffle prizes.
Join us for Free:
- Children’s health insurance application assistance
- Vision screens from Vision is Priceless
- Asthma screens from Community Asthma Partners
- Car seat checks/demos from Safe Kids
- Healthy weight, glucose and blood pressure screens from St. Vincent’s HealthCare
- Food Distribution from Second Harvest Food Bank
- Information about health insurance and Voluntary Pre-K
- Fun with Ronald McDonald and Jacksonville Firefighters!
Florida KidCare outreach in Northeast Florida is funded by Ronald McDonald House Charities of Jacksonville, the Jacksonville Children’s Commission, St. Vincent’s HealthCare, Wolfson Children’s Hospital, the Florida Healthy Kids Corporation and Florida Covering Kids and Families.
Beyond Becky & Teddy: How to Love is a free event for teens and young adults.
- When: August 11, 2012
- Location: First Timothy Baptist Church, 12103 Biscayne Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32218
- Time: 8:30am-3pm