The Jacksonville Children’s Commission is offering a 28-hour training on Advancing Youth Development that provides an in-depth look and review of critical areas for those working in the youth development field.
- Session 1: Introduction to the Youth Development Approach
- Session 2: Developmental Youth Outcomes: The Bottom Line of Youth Workers
- Session 3: Cultural Assumptions and Stereotypes About Young People: From Adultism to Caring Adults
- Session 4: Strategies of Youth Participation
- Session 5: Opportunities and Supports for Youth Development: Identifying Best Program Practices
- Session 6: Core Competencies of Youth Workers
- Session 7: Review, Teach Backs, and Celebration
Dates: April 4, 9, 11, 16, 23, 25, & 30
Time: 9:00- 12:00 p.m.
Location: Jacksonville Children’s Commission
Register here. For further information contact: Frances Calvy at (904) 630- 7265 or email@example.com. Note: You are automatically registered for all sessions when you register for the April 4th training