The Azalea Project’s Annual Spring “My Life’s Journey” Participant Activity & Shopping Day held was held Friday June 12th.
The Azalea participants participated in the Azalea Bucks Incentive Program while in case management and were rewarded at the event for their hard work, including:
- Enrolling in school
- Completing life course groups at the Azalea office
- Taking classes offered thru WIC, Brighter Beginning and other partner agencies
- Getting involved in civic activities in their communities
- Being community advocates
- Volunteer work
- Gaining employment
- Finding housing
- Maintaining sobriety
- Keeping prenatal and well-woman check-ups
- And other positive things in moving their lives forward.
“My Life’s Journey” is their time to express concerns; recommend new topics of interest for groups and Azalea outreach; meet and greet other participants in the program; and “shop ’til you drop” after all they earned it!
The Azalea Project is an initiative of the Healthy Start Coalition that focuses on reducing risk-taking behavior in substance-abusing pregnant and parenting women by breaking the cycle of substance use and other at-risk behaviors. The Project provides Healthy Start services to pregnant women through Healthy Start and case management to preconception women through the Coalition.