Breastfeeding and infant sleep
- Baby is on his⁄her back.
- Baby is alone in an infant bed (crib, bassinet, pack-n-play).
- Room share rather than bed share.
- There is no smoking near baby.
- No pillows, stuffed animals, bumper pads or toys are in the crib with baby.
- If a blanket is used, it is tucked in. The blanket is not thick.
- Baby is on a firm mattress. The sheet fits tightly.
- Baby is in a safe crib, bassinet or pack-n-play
- Baby is dressed in light sleep clothing.
For more information, read the American Academy of Pediatrics’ latest safe sleep recommendations.