The Florida Breastfeeding Coalition is holding the 3rd Annual Healthcare Provider Breastfeeding Seminar: Florida Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding at Winnie Palmer Hospital in Orlando on September 10. Register here.
The featured topics and speakers are:
- Kathleen Marinelli MD, IBCLC, FABM, FAAP – Neonatologist: Toward a Breastfeeding Friendly State and Workplace in Connecticut: A Success Story in Legislation, Mothers’ Milk Bank of New England: From an Idea to Pasteurized Milk!
- Joan Meek, MD, MS, RD, FAAP, FABM, IBCLC: Call to Action to Support Breastfeeding: From the US Surgeon General to the State of Florida to Our Communities
- Sandra Sullivan, MD, IBCLC – Neonatologist: Building a Breastfeeding Clinic in a University System
- Debbie Albert, PhD., RN, IBCLC: Business Case for Breastfeeding
- Heidi Agostinho, PhD., IBCLC: Miami/Dade Baby Friendly
- Leanna Carter Wiest, CLC: Support Breastfeeding to Millennium Moms
The seminar is for physicians, residents, nurses, nurse practitioners, nurse midwives, clinical nurse specialists, nurse educators, lactation consultants/counselors, registered or licensed dietitians, childbirth educators, doulas, La Leche League leaders and Healthy Start.
CEUs, CERPs and CPEs are being applied for with anticipation of approximately six hours of continuing education.