A faith-based “Single Parents Conferece” is open to all single parents of children 17 and under. The confernece is hosted by St. Paul Hagar Fellowship and will be held from October 7-9.
The registration fee is $35 for each parent/guardian, regardless of the number of children.
- ADULTS: To Thine Own Self Be True; Your Spiritual GPS; The Couch; You Are What You Eat – Naturally and Spiritually; Preparing for the Future
- CHILDREN: Understanding Family and Jesus is Your Example
Childcare will be provided. Register here or call 1.877.768.4937 for more information.
- What: Conference Call: “The Social Determinants of Health: More Than a Walk in the Park and an Apple a Day,” facilitated by Dr. Adewale Troutman, Director of USF Public Health Practice and Public Health Leadership Institute
- When: Thursday, August 18, 2011
- Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Conference Call Number: 888-808-6959
- Access Code: 1523234872
The cost of the call is being shared by REACHUP, Inc. and the HEALTHY START COALITION of MIAMI-DADE.
- When: Monday, August 15, 2011
- Time: 6:30 PM – 8:00PM
- Where: Jacksonville Children’s Commission, 1095 A. Philip Randolph Blvd., Jacksonville, FL
The Children’s Movement’s David Lawrence (chair) and Sergio Bendixen (political strategist) will be touring the state and visiting the regional committees for a roundtable discussion on the future objectives of the CMF.
Please RSVP to: David Abrams, 305-798-9699, email@example.com
When: Sunday, September 4, 2011 @ 5 PM
Where: Jacksonville Suns Baseball Grounds, 301 A. Philip Randolph Blvd.
What: Area doctors will play in a celebrity softball game hosted by Jacksonville Jaguar & Healthy Start ambassador, Eugene Monroe.
Visit our Rounds at the Grounds 2011 site for more information on how to get involved.
Fathers, father figures and men of all ages are invited to the 2nd Annual Barbers for Babies — Black Infant Mortality Awareness Event on August 14.
Area barbers will provide free haircuts and sponsor teams
to play in a 3-on-3 basketball tournament for kids 9 to 13 years old.
The event will run from 2-6pm at the Woodland Acres Boys & Girls Club, 191 Pecan Street, Jacksonville. There will also be food, music, games, door prizes and book bag and school supply giveaways. There will also be Florida KidCare enrollment available.
The Healthy Start Coalition is sponsoring the event along with the Boys & Girls Club and Jacksonville Urban Leauge. The event is part of the Make a Noise! Make a Difference! community education and awareness campaign.