- Monday, May 12, 2014: Community and Project Participants’ Appreciation Day. Includes hot dogs, project information and games in the Magnolia/Pearl Plaza parking lot. 11am-2pm
- Tuesday, May 13, 2014: Healthy Eating — Provide nutritional facts and information and serve a variety of healthy salads and snacks at Magnolia from 11:30am-2pm.
- Wednesday, May 14, 2014: Mental Wellness and Beauty — Demonstration of various stress reduction activities and creating a beautiful you. 9am-3pm.
- Thursday, May 15, 2014: Open House and Health Screenings — Providing a variety of health screenings at Magnolia from 8:30am-4pm.
- Thursday, May 15, 2014: Open House: Elected Officials and Board/Coalition Members are invited to enjoy lunch, a project overview, health screening opportunities and site tour from 11am-2pm.
- Friday, May 16, 2014: Let’s Move It — Zumba, exercise, line dancing and walk at Magnolia and the walking path next to project site. 9am–3pm
The Magnolia Project will be giving free depression and stress screenings Thursday, May 16 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. followed by an informational discussion about the Affordable Care Act at noon. The Project will also hold a community Health Walk Friday May 17 at 9 a.m. and a nutrition and beauty information session at 11 a.m. Both events will take place at the Magnolia Project at 5300 N. Pearl St.
The Azalea Project is hosting a free Health & Wellness Day Friday, May 17 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the True Holiness Church at 4022 Spring Grove Rd. Attendees will receive information about nutrition, health, fitness, sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and HIV awareness. There will also be door prizes and auction items. Lunch will be provided.
- Date: Friday, May 18 – Saturday, May 19
- Where: http://nefhealthystart.org/womenshealthweekquiz
- When: All Day!
Join us for Fact or Fiction Friday. Visit the Women’s Health Week Quiz website for a quiz on common women’s health questions. All participants will be entered into a drawing to win one of 20 pairs of tickets to see the newly released movie, “What to Expect when You’re Expecting.” One grand prize winner will receive a pair of movie tickets and dinner at a local restaraunt!
- Date: Thursday, May 17, 2012
- Where: “The Cut Above,” 1513 Cesery Blvd. & “Duval Cutz,” 6808 Lillian Rd.
- When: All Day!
Each man who went in for a hair cut at either barber shop received a free rose and important health inforamtion for the special lady in his life. Thanks to our great barbers at Duval Cutz and A Cut Above for helping us spread the word about Women’s Health Week!
- Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2012
- Where: St Vincent’s Southside Auditorium, 4201 Belfort Rd., Jacksonville
- When: 6 pm – 7:30 pm
Free program from St. Vincent’s Women’s Health on health disease prevention, exercise tips, healthy eating and the importance of annual exams. Limited seating. The seminar will feature Dr. Natasha Eliz, OB/GYN and Dr. Catherine Madaffari, Internal Medicine. RSVP 308-6155.