Coalition staff, board members and a Magnolia Project participant traveled to Washington, DC March 29-April 2 for the National Healthy Start Association meeting. Highlights of the meeting included:
- The announcement of the Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition’s $2,500 award for the Baby Buggy Walk
- Talks by nationally-recognized speakers, including Pryia Agrawal Executive Director of Merck for Mothers; Arther James, Associate Clinical Professor of The Ohio State University; and Hilary Beard for the American Promise.
- Breakout sessions around: Healthy Equity and Birth outcomes; FIMR and the Life Course Theory; Stress, Depression and Resilience; Healthy Start and the Affordable Care act; and Community Capacity Building
- New tools around mental health and text for dads
- Legislative visits with staff from Congresswoman Corrine Brown, Congressman Ander Crenshaw, Senator Bill Nelson and Senator Marco Rubio offices.
- Meeting with our Project Officer Willie Tompkins