What is Florida KidCare?
It is health insurance for uninsured children under age 19. Qualifying for Florida KidCare is based on income & family size. Florida KidCare includes the following:
- MediKids: Covers children ages 1-4
- Healthy Kids: Covers children ages 5-18
- Children’s Medical Services Network: Covers children birth – 18 with special health or emotional needs or ongoing medical conditions
- Medicaid for Children: Covers children birth – 18
How much do I pay each month for coverage?
Most families pay $15 or $20 each month or nothing at all. If you need to pay more, Florida KidCare will let you know. You may have small co-payments for some services.
What services are covered?
Florida KidCare is health coverage for children. Services include:
- Doctor Visits
- Check-ups & Shots
- Hospital, Surgery & Emergency Services
- Vision & Hearing
- Mental Health
For more information, call 211 or the Florida KidCare hotline at 1.888.540.5437. To apply online, please visit www.floridakidcare.org. For local assistance, contact Olga Mabolia at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904.723.5422 x108.