The goal of Florida’s MomCare program is to improve birth outcomes and reduce infant mortality rates through a simplified application for Medicaid, guidance, education and choice counseling services. MomCare is funded by the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) and is managed locally by the Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition.
MomCare offers Medicaid-eligible women assistance in selecting a Medicaid Managed Care plan, guidance in selecting a prenatal care provider and information about state programs for which they may be eligible. MomCare acts as a valuable resource throughout the pregnancy and beyond.
If you are pregnant, you may be eligible for this special health insurance program. To see if you are eligible, review the income guidelines below. You can apply for this program if your family meets these guidelines, even if you or other family members are working.
To speak to a MomCare Advisor, please call 904.723.5422.
Where Do I Apply?
Applications for Medicaid for Pregnancy are available at physician’s offices, the Department of Health, the Department of Children and Families and other qualifying pregnancy testing centers. If your health care center needs applications, please print out the application below or call the Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition’s MomCare Office at 904.723.5422.
How Do I Apply?
MomCare is available to women who meet the following requirements:
- Have proof of a positive pregnancy test on a physician’s or pregnancy center’s letterhead that states expected delivery date.
- Have a maximum household income at or below 185% of the poverty level
- Be a United States citizen or a legal alien.
- Be a Florida resident.
Filling out the Application
- Fill out applicant information in full. Answer questions 1-10 completely. Do not omit ANY information or skip ANY questions or approval of the application will be delayed or denied.
- Don’t forget to have the applicant sign the form!
- Attach the applicant’s positive pregnancy test results received from a health professional’s office (results must be on letterhead) to the application.
- Affix postage and mail the application or fax to the Department of Children and Families address for the home zip code of the applicant.
- Telephone: Please list a phone number and any alternate phone numbers where you can be reached.
- Other Income to Report: Social Security Numbers of the pregnant woman, the husband or the father of the baby, when he lives in the home with the pregnant woman; any Social Security or Child Support Income received for the pregnant woman’s other children in the home.
- Pregnant Woman Under Age 21: If the pregnant woman resides with her parent(s), list the names of the parent(s.)