The Jacksonville Urban League is looking for participants for their Early Head Start and Head Start programs and related support services.
The Urban League provides pre-kindergarten services for low-income children ages 0-5 and their families. The programs are free and include transportation services, nutritious meals and snacks, medical and dental screenings and safe environments.
Early Head Start provides early intervention and educational services in home- and center-based settings. Pregnant women can receive prenatal services and educational services following the baby’s delivery. The following are requirements:
- Families with infants and toddlers, along with expectant moms, in zip code 32209 with priority given to resident of “New Town Success Zone” neighborhood
- Birth certificate, physical, shot record for children or pregnancy statement for expectant mothers. All will need social security card for immediate household members, proof of medical insurance, current proof of income and current proof of residency.
Contact the Early Head Start Office at 904.899.8110 for enrollment information.
Head Start provides free comprehensive services (including pre-k) and parent involvement activities for children, including those with disabilities. The follow are requirements:
- Families with children will be 3 years old by September 1 for Head Start and 4 years old by September 1 for Voluntary Pre-K.
- Child’s birth certificate, shot record, physical exam, lead screening with results, current proof of income (W-2 forms and check stubs, TANF, SSI, child support, social security, unemployment compensation, etc.), Medicaid card, social security cards and numbers for all household members and guardianship papers.
There is ongoing registration for Head Start and Voluntary Pre-K at:
- Old Stanton Head Start Center, 521 W. Ashley Sy., 904.598.0607
- Normandy Head Start Center, 6803 Arques Rd., 904.695.3000
- North East Springfield Head Start Center, 1221 E. 16th St., 904.353.9751
- Fairfield Head Start Center, 515 Victoria St., 904.353.0095