The March of Dimes Florida Chapter is accepting community grant applications until November 15.
Community Awards for 2014 may be for amounts up to $3,000 and address one of the March’s Funding Priority Areas. The application, available here, is due on November 15, 2013 by 5:00 p.m.
The priority areas are:
- Providing or enhancing preconception health education and/or services.
- Providing or enhancing premature birth risk reduction education and/or services.
- Enhancing care through the group prenatal care model (e.g. CenteringPregnancy®).
- Enhance the availability, quality, awareness of and utilization of genetics services and other patient services, including newborn screening, to strengthen care and prevention of birth defects.
- Increasing education related to reducing the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) in high-risk communities, consistent with the 2005 American Academy of Pediatrics Policy Statement.