In honor of National Nurses Week (May 6-12), join us in celebrating the many wonderful and invaluable nurses who work with and impact our programs!
From students to seasoned, nurses impact each one of our programs. Healthy Start nurses provide critical education and support to our highest risk families in the region. Nurses provide important health services that complement the case management services at the Magnolia Project. Student nurses volunteer as peer educators, bringing important messages on preconception health and infant mortality to their peers on campus and the greater community.
Meet some of the nurses that help improve our community:
- Emily Verone, RN, BSN — North Florida Health Corps Alum
- Grant Freiberg and Jackie Hanson, RNs, BSNs — Preconception Peer Educators
- Tracy Claveau, RN, BAN — Fetal & Infant Mortality Review Coordinator
- Sarah Ortiz, Nursing Student — North Florida Health Corps Alum
- Jacqueline Murphy, RN, BSN — Magnolia Project Clinic
- Alyssa Villamor, RN, BSN — 4Me Teen Health Project Facilitator
- Al Iovannitti, RN, BSN — 4Me Teen Health Project Facilitator
- Pam Vicars, RN — Healthy Start Duval
- Sue Combs, RN — Healthy Start Baker
- Beverly Smith, RN — Healthy Start UF Health