The Coalition elected officers and new Board and general Coalition members at it’s annual meeting January 21. Three Board officers will continue a second year in their positions, while voting for a new Treasurer will be held at the February Board of Directors meeting. The Coalition also released the 2015 Annual Report.
The continuing Board officers are:
- Dr. Catherine Drew, Board Chair. Dr. Drew is currently employed with the Nassau County School District, chief executive officer for Florida Psychological Associates, LLC and was recently appointed to the state Board of Psychology. She is a Nassau County resident.
- Rev. Tom Rodgers, Vice Chair. Rev. Rodgers has long been an advocate for improving birth outcomes. He served as chair of the Board in 2008, chaired the implementation committee of the JCCI 2008 Infant Mortality study and is currently the chair of the Coalition Contracts & QI Committee.
- Jan Morse, Secretary. Jan is a long-time Board member and advocate for early childhood education and school readiness. She is the Director of Childhood & Youth Strategies at the United Way of Northeast Florida.
The new 2016 Board of Directors members are:
- Dawn Allicock, MD, Director/Health Officer a the Florida Department of Health St. Johns County (Public Health representative)
- Anthony Butler, National Director of E3 Business Group, Duval County
- Alexandria Cue, Consumer (Magnolia Project), Duval County
- Teleauba Revels, Consumer (Azalea Project), Duval County
- Kenneth Scarborough, Ready4Work Project Director at Operation New Hope, Duval County
The new 2016 Coalition members are:
- Jerusalem Bereket, Health & Nutrition Specialist at Episcopal Children’s Services, Duval County
- Jennifer Salah, Business Development Specialist at Baptist Health, Duval County
- Doni Walker-Jackson, Neonatology Physician Assistant at Pediatrix, Clay County