The Coalition welcomed new Board and Coalition members at the January 16 Annual Membership meeting.
New 2014 member of the Board of Directors:
- Dr. Kelli Wells, Florida Department of Health in Duval County (Public Health representative)
New 2014 members of the Coalition:
- Crystal Brown: Director of Behavioral Services at River Region, in Baker County
- Kennetha Julien: Lawyer with Julien & Hope Law, LLCin St. Johns County
- Leslie Allen: A Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the area of Infant Mental Health in Duval County
- Ranaldo Allen: A past ImpactJax Chair and Owner of Assemblyman Corp. in Duval
- April Shackelford: Specialist for the Parent Academy and Duval County Teacher of the year in 2012-2013
- Cynthia Dennis: Coordinator for Safe Kids Northeast Florida, a local coalition of Safe Kids Worldwide, and a part of the PLAYERS Center for Child Health at Wolfson Children’s Hospital
The members of the Board and Coalition vow to carry out the organization’s mission to lead a cooperative community effort to reduce infant mortality and improve the health of children, childbearing women and their families in Northeast Florida.
The Coalition is comprised of more than 40 members representing consumers, physicians, local government, business, health care payors, social services, education, civic organizations, public health, nurses, local medical societies, mental health, hospitals, local health planning agencies and midwifery in the five-county area. The 19-member governing board directs Coalition efforts. Standing committees conduct the organization’s activities.