The Coalition elected new Board officers at its annual meeting January 17. The Coalition also released the 2018 Annual Report.
The new 2019 Board officers are:
- Megan Denk, Board Chair. Megan is the director of THE PLAYERS Center for Child Health at Wolfson Children’s Hospital, focusing on the health and wellness of families in the Northeast Florida community through education, prevention and much more.
- Melanie Lawson, Vice Chair. Melanie is a WJXT anchorwoman and hosts the News4Jax Live Healthy special in the mornings which focuses on ways to prevent hard-hitting health issues.
- Peggy Boord, Treasurer. Peggy Boord is Chief Financial Officer for Operation New Hope and a Certified Management Accountant. She is new to the Coalition’s Board of Directors.
Teleauba Revels served as the secretary for the board in 2018 and will continue her term for 2019. Teleauba is a past client of the Azalea Project, an initiative of the Coalition. She is serving on the Board as a consumer.
Other new 2019 Board of Directors include:
- John D. Davis, MD, Chair of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UF College of Medicine
- Hon. Pauline Drake, Group 4 judge of the Duval County Court in Florida
- Pauline Rolle, MD, Medical director for the Florida Department of Health in Duval County
- Jason Roth, Regional manager of local government, community relations and economic development for TECO Energy
Michelle Poitier, founder and director of Healing Women Healing Nations of NE Florida, was elected as a 2019 Coalition member.