The Coalition elected new Board and General Membership members and a new slate of officers at it’s annual meeting January 15. The Coalition also released the 2013-2014 Annual Report, presented the Philip Gilbert and Dorothy Wilson Mabry awards and heard a presentation on safe sleep resources from the Department of Children & Families.
Dr. Catherine Hardee Drew was elected as Board Chair. Dr. Drew joined the Coalition in 2011 while she was completing an internship at the Northeast Florida State Hospital for her PhD in Clinical Psychology, which she received from Florida State University in 2013. Dr. Drew is currently employed with the Nassau County School District and is a Nassau County resident.
Dr. Stephen Baker, the outgoing Board Chair, is temporarily stepping into the Vice Chair position. Dr. Baker served as Vice Chair before serving two years as Board Chair. He is a retired political science professor from Jacksonville University.
Jan Morse was elected as Secretary. She is a long-time Board member and the Director of Childhood & Youth Strategies at the United Way of Northeast Florida.
Margaret Dodson, a CPA with Knutzen & Associates, was re-elected Treasurer. She has held this position since 2011.
The new 2015 Board of Directors members are:
- Megan Denk, Director at the Players Center for Child Health at Wolfson Children’s Hospital, Duval County
- Cindy Neville, PT, DPT, Women’s Health Physical Therapist at SmartBody Physical Therapy, Duval County
- Kerry Dunlavey, RN, Administrator at the Florida Department of Health in Baker County (Public Health representative)
The new 2015 Coalition members are:
- Maxine Engram, Child Development Program Manager at the Sulzbacher Center, Duval County
- Judy Ward, Public Health PhD candidate and Nurse at Baptist Health — Nassau, Nassau County
- Deanna McDonald, Executive Director at the Health Planning Council of Northeast Florida, St. Johns County
- Marie Gnage, PhD, Campus President at the Florida State College at Jacksonville Downtown Campus, Duval County
- Lucinda Deputy, RN, Baptist Health — South, Duval County
- Yolanda Planas, Family Advocate at Head Start, Clay County
- Derin Stewart, RN, Nurse at the Wolfson Children’s Hospital NICU, Duval County