Twenty-one members of the North Florida Health Corps AmeriCorps — now officially a Healthy Start Coalition program — began their service terms on September 3rd. The new members are excited to get started with their service after completing three weeks of pre-service orientation. NFHC members serve for 46 week in the North Florida community addressing critical needs such as access to healthcare services and promoting health and wellness within community partners.
This year, partners include:
- The Arc Jacksonville
- UF Health Jacksonville — Healthy Start
- UF Health Jacksonville — Nurse Family Partnership
- UF CARES
- First Coast YMCA
- Florida Department of Health — Clay (Teen Health)
- Florida Department of Health — Nassau (Healthy Start)
- Florida Department of Health — Baker (Healthy Start & Health Education)
- Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition
- The Women’s Center of Jacksonville
- River Region Human Services
- Hubbard House
The NFHC program officially began its journey within its new home at the Coalition on August 15th. The Coalition welcomed program staff Jennifer Larramore and Alicia Seggelink on August 26th. Jennifer is a 2009-2010 NFHC alumnus and has served as program staff since the fall of 2010, assuming the program director role this April. Alicia is a recent NFHC alum and is now the part time coordinator for the upcoming year. Both are excited to see the NFHC become a part of the Coalition family of programs and are looking forward to the 2013-2014 service term.
The Coalition is also welcoming NFHC member, Katheryn (Katie) Grand, to the organization. Katie will be performing provider outreach and initial contacts to assist pregnant women obtain the services needed to ensure a healthy pregnancy.