The Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition is accepting applications for a Family Support Worker (FSW) for the Healthy Families Jacksonville program.
The FSW is primarily responsible for initiating and maintaining regular contact with families in their home and providing referrals to other needed support services. The FSW also establishes rapport with the family to thereby strengthen the parent-child relationship, develops a service plan to guide service delivery, identifies goals and plans activities based on required curriculum, assists parents in improving parenting skill, aids in planning and attending medical appointments, and conducts sufficient home visitations.
Resumes and cover letters should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objectives: To provide case management services to clients who are eligible for assistance through Healthy Families Jacksonville.
- High School diploma and one (1) year experience working with diverse families and children.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Must have reliable transportation and proof of current auto insurance coverage.
- Ability to pass all drug and criminal background screens
- Must possess reliable transportation.
- Interview participants for entrance into the Healthy Families Program and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Develop a service plan with direct-line supervisor to guide service delivery and establish family goals.
- Assist parents in improving their skills to optimize the home environment.
- Aid in making and attending health care appointments, as well as other agency visits in the community.
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with families, primarily in their home, establishing a trusting relationship and strengthening the parent-child relationship.
- Assess the health and human services needs of participants, and develop, with the participant, a service to address those needs. Follow up routinely with participants. Home visits with the participant are required.
- Provide or coordinate services to address the needs of participants, including, but not limited to; financial counseling, child care, domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health, educational services, health care, transportation, emergency services, etc.