Moms. Dads. Grandparents. Doctors. Nurses. Hospitals. Everyone plays a role in preventing infant mortality. September is National Infant Mortality Awareness Month, a time to reflect on what we can do to make sure every baby has a healthy start. Our theme this year is “What’s your role?” because everyone has a role to play. Tell us about your role by entering our photo contest!
- Like our Facebook page or follow us on Instagram (@nefhealthystart).
- Post a photo of yourself, your child or your family on Instagram, our Facebook page or tag the Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition in the photo with a description of your role in preventing infant mortality! (Required. See below for examples)
- Use the hashtag #whatsyourrole for the picture to be included.
- We will share the photo on our Facebook page.
- Encourage your friends and family to visit our Facebook page and like your photo.
- The photo with the most likes as of 5 pm on September 30 will be the winner!
Example: If you’re a new mother, talk about how your role is to be healthy so you can be there for your baby.
Example: If you are a woman and plan to be pregnant one day, talk about your role in living a healthy lifestyle, taking folic acid, eating healthy and staying fit so that you’ll be prepared for one day when you become pregnant.
Check our our website and blog for more examples of issues related to infant mortality and how you play a role in making sure babies are born healthy and make it to their first birthday.
The winner will receive a $50 gift card and have their photo as our Facebook cover photo for the entire month of October!
To be eligible, you must be a resident of Northeast Florida (reside in one of the following counties: Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau or St. Johns). Must be 18 years of age to participate. Coalition staff are not eligible to win but encouraged to share their role.