The summit is a one-day educational event for health professionals and educators to share resources on how to best help adults and families understand and use health information.
Topics to be discussed:
- Creating Plain Language Health Materials
- The Teach-back Method for Effective Patient Communications
- The High Cost of Low Health Literacy
- The Health Literacy Universal Precautions Tool-kit
- The Florida Health Literacy Initiative
- Building Health Literate Organizations
- The Implications of Health Literacy on Health Policy
The deadline to register for the event is July 19. Registration is $15 and includes lunch and parking. Click here to register online.