Some of the most influential leaders on the First Coast are joining the roster for the Healthy Start Coalition’s Rounds at the Grounds “All Stars” exhibition softball game. The signature fundraising event is scheduled for Thursday, August 21st before the Suns take on the Pensacola Blue Wahoos.
The popular match-up, now in its fifth year, will challenge area medical professionals to take on popular community leaders from the First Coast. The competition will highlight the importance of getting the community to join together to reduce the area’s high infant mortality rate and improve the health of women, children and families in Northeast Florida.
This year’s theme “All Stars” also celebrates the great work of those who have supported the Coalition’s efforts. To date community leaders taking the field will be:
- Superintendent of Duval County Public Schools Dr. Nikolai P. Vitti and his wife Rachel
- Morning Co-Host on 99.9 Gator Country Eden Kendall
- Former WNBA Commissioner and Generation W founder Donna Orender
- Celebrity Blogger Kerry Speckman
- 2013 Duval County Teacher of the Year Apryl Shackelford
- Gateway Community Services CEO Candy Hodgkins
- Firehouse Subs CEO Don Fox
- Jacksonville.com’s Matt Pittman
- COO of Community in Schools Leon Baxton
The money raised for this event will help to support the sustainability of key Coalition activities that improve the health of families living in Northeast Florida. Sponsors for the Rounds at the Grounds, “All Stars,” exhibition softball game are Mayo Clinic, Wolfson Children’s Hospital, Nemours Children’s Clinic and Southern Oak Insurance.
The 2014 Rounds at the Grounds, “All Stars” festivities are scheduled to begin at 4:45pm on Thursday, August 21, 2014, at the Baseball Grounds of Jacksonville, followed by the Suns versus the Pensacola Blue Wahoos.
Tickets are specially priced at $10.50. Get your tickets here! The game will last approximately one hour; admission to the Jacksonville Suns game is included.
For more information or to schedule an interview, please contact Charlene Shirk, Event Media Coordinator at 904-860-2991 or Charlene@charleneshirk.com.