Every year the National Health Corps Florida AmeriCorps program seeks members who are interested in serving at different public health-focused nonprofits and government organizations. The program is a great chance for adults interested in the public health profession to gain more experience and knowledge.
Become a National Health Corps Florida member for:
The National Health Corps Florida program is an initiative of Northeast Florida Healthy Start Coalition. The mission of National Health Corps is “to foster healthy communities by delivering and connecting those who need it most with health and wellness education, benefits and services, while developing tomorrow’s compassionate health leaders.” Members become community leaders in the course of 46 weeks and 1700 hours.
• $13,732 living allowance (annual gross amount distributed bi-weekly)
• $5,920 education award upon successful completion of program (which can be accessed for up to 7 years to pay back qualified student loans or for future education expenses)
• Loan forbearance on qualified student loans while enrolled in the program (if a member completes their term of service, they are eligible to have the National Service Trust pay up to 100% of the interest that accumulated on qualified student loans during service.)
• NHC members are eligible for health insurance coverage
• Child care allowance, if applicable
• Local Travel Reimbursement, if applicable
• Networking opportunity and future job leads
• Extensive training and support
• Real-world experience
• Chance to make positive, life-changing differences in people’s lives
For the 2018-2019 service term, here are the organizations waiting to be matched with a member.
To apply, go here.