The Florida Breastfeeding Coalition, Inc. is hosting four free breastfeeding education webinars this summer for maternity physicians and nurses as part of the Florida Baby Steps to Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative Project.
Physicians that attend all four 75-minute webinars will earn the education needed for a Baby-Friendly Hospital. CMEs and CEUs are also available to nurses.
Space is limited to 100 participants, to request an invitation to register for the webinars, send an email to email@example.com.
The Provider’s Role in the Baby Friendly Journey
- Speaker: Joan Younger Meek, MD – Professor of Clinical Sciences, Florida State University College of Medicine
- When: Tuesday July 9, 1:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Enhancing Breastfeeding Success: The Obstetrician’s Role
- Speaker: Lauren Hanley, MD – OB Massachusetts General Hospital
- When: Tuesday July 23, 1:30 p.m.
The Sacred Hour: Uninterrupted Skin to Skin Immediately after Birth
- Speaker: Raylene M. Phillips, MD – Neonatologist, Loma Linda University
- When: Tuesday August 6, 1:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Breastfeeding Support in the Hospital and Beyond
- Speaker: Kinga A. Szucs, MD – Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine
- When: Tuesday August 20, 1:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
For more information, visit the Florida Breastfeeding Coalition, Inc. website.